Eco-Friendly Hotel Triton: Happy to Be Green
From our eclectic, artful décor to our one-of-a-kind Celebrity Suites, you might guess we're trendsetters. That's true, too, when it comes to our eco-friendly hotel practices, which we were thrilled to pioneer in the industry.
The State of California even adopted some of our practices when developing a template for their Green Lodging Program (http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/epp/greenlodging/). We were pretty stoked about that, so we created Eco Rooms to showcase sustainable design materials.
We work daily toward a healthy planet. Our eco-friendly efforts - ranging from recycling to saving energy and water whenever possible - are part of a heartfelt, creative endeavor called EarthCare. Followed by every Kimpton hotel, EarthCare isn't just a checklist that we tick off every day; it's simply our way of doing business. We believe comfort and eco-consciousness go hand in hand, and that healthy people breed a healthy planet.
When you stay with us, you'll be part of our tread-lightly philosophy toward the environment. Some things you might notice include:
- Linen and towel re-use reduces laundry detergent and water use by 25%.
- Rooms on our 7th floor have water-saving devices, water filtration systems, and air filtration/purifiers.
- The Hotel Triton Energy Efficiency Program has outfitted our hotel with motion sensors wherever possible.
- Our recycling program helps recycle 60% of our waste.
- Recycling receptacles are in all guest rooms.
- For morning coffee service, individual milk portions have been replaced with milk purchased by the gallon to reduce waste from packaging. Napkins are made from recycled paper.,/li>
- All of our new hotel collateral and paper is 100% recycled and uses soy-based inks.
- Office paper is printed on both sides and then recycled. We also use recycled toner and are moving to Internet-based reports to reduce paper waste.
- All cleaning agents and chemicals used to clean guest rooms have been replaced by non-toxic, environmentally safe products, assisting us in eliminating bleach and ammonia-based products.
- We replaced all paints and solvents with eco-friendly (low-VOC) paints.
- All usable hotel items are donated to local non-profit organizations to benefit them and reduce landfill.
- Our in-house commercial washer has been replaced with Energy Star energy- and water-efficient equipment, and we rely on environmentally safe detergents.
- Air conditioning units and in-room mini bars have been replaced with energy-efficient models.
- Disposable cups have been eliminated from our employee break room and metal laundry hangers are returned to the uniform laundry company.
- Consistent with Kimpton Hotels' best practices, we replaced incandescent lighting in our desk lamps with Halogena 70-watt Advantage bulbs.
- We offer 25% off valet parking for hybrid certified vehicles.